The idea of sitting without transportation for even a day is a frightening thought for most car owners. A car offers convenience and being able to get from point a to point b without a hassle is something that should not be taken for granted. It is important to perform regular maintenance checks on your vehicle so that it does not break down.
Here are some important car care tips to keep your vehicle in tip-top shape:
- Tire Care and maintenance: Check tire pressures regularly to ensure you are getting value for money in terms of fuel consumption. Also, check the tread on your tires. Worn tires are dangerous and can cause damage to the vehicle.
- Change the oil: Check and change the oil regularly. This will keep the engine running smoothly.
- Check the fluids: Various fluids in your vehicle must always be in sufficient quantity, including engine oil, coolant, transmission fluid, brake fluid, and power steering fluid. Leaks will affect the handling of the vehicle.
- Change the engine air filter: An air filter prevents dust, sand, and dirt from getting into your vehicle’s engine. Dirty air filters lead to poor engine performance.
- Check your brakes: Your vehicle’s brake pads also need to be checked regularly. If you hear noise when you apply the brakes, this could be an indication that the brake pads need to be replaced.
- Take your car in for regular vehicle inspections: Always take the vehicle to a reputable garage that will perform additional mandatory checks on the car to make sure everything is working as it should and to replace parts that need to be replaced.
Speak to an expert at Palm Valley Insurance Inc. serving Ponte Vedra Beach, FL find out which auto insurance policy is best for you and your family.